Chuck Mallon, “The Fixician” has been in the construction industry since 1973. In these 38 years, he has been a lead carpenter, crew chief, project manager and business owner. His diverse experiences include: single and multiple family residence construction, passive solar construction, commercial tenant finish, a custom woodworking business, wide-ranging project management, including a $750,000 historical renovation in downtown Denver, a residential remodeling business and, since 1994, The Fixician, a home repair and improvement business. He has successfully completed over two thousand projects ranging from simple troubleshooting to complete home renovations.
In addition, Chuck took a one year sabbatical in 1989 to learn furniture making in Northampton, MA. He also completed training as a home inspector at the American Home Inspectors Training Institute in 1998.
Chuck has extensive experience and expertise in carpentry, drywall repair, electrical, painting, tile and woodworking. You don’t have to coordinate multiple contractors to get your job done. This translates into greater economy of time and cost for you.
OVER 38 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN:
- Home construction
- Commercial and residential renovation
- Historical renovation
- Commercial and residential remodel
- Residential repair
- Handyman services
MORE THAN 2000 COMPLETED PROJECTS INCLUDING:
- Wall, floor, rafter construction
- Custom design and construction
- Stair construction and repair
- Handrail construction and repair
- Closets and shelving
- Deck and railing construction and repair
- Fence and gate construction and repair
Finish carpentry and Woodwork
- Door installation and repair
- Interior trim, baseboard, casing, crown molding
- Cabinet, bookcase and shelving design and construction
- Furniture repair
- Mantel design and construction
- Custom projects
- Replacement and repair
- Holes, water damage, structural damage, nail pops
- Match and blend textures, machine and hand application textures
- Skim coating and wallpaper removal
- Floors, walls, countertops, backsplashes, fireplaces, tubs and showers
- Ceramic, porcelain, granite, marble, slate, terra cotta, glass
- New installations and repairs
- Tile backer repair and replacement
- Grouting and caulking replacement and repair
- Switches, outlets, ceiling fans, add on and replacement
- Lighting, recessed, exterior, track, bathroom, sconces, under cabinet
- New wiring
- Door and cabinet hardware, repair and replace
- Weather stripping, thresholds, insulation
- Garbage disposals, repair and replace
- Minor plumbing, toilet repair and replacement, sink replacement, faucet replacement
- General repairs
- Honey Do Lists
OVER 75 REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST:
To anyone considering hiring The Fixician:
Chuck has many skills in home repair. He hung 11 new doors in my house. Some of these had to be cut down on the sides. Also, he expertly mitered and installed crown molding and wooden baseboard and trim. He neatly caulked all the seams on all work he did at my home. He also installed blinds.
- Some of the other qualities that he had while in my home were equally important to me:
- He was courteous and respectful.
- He arrived punctually and kept accurate time logs.
- He cleaned up after himself. He did not talk on the phone continuously.
- He did not play loud music on site. He was hard working and paid full attention to the job.
- He told me in advance what dates he would be here and stuck to the dates.
- Once he began a job he did not leave in the middle for another job, but finished the jobs he outlined as he said he would.
- He had the necessary tools to do the job correctly.
- He had the expertise to do all the jobs correctly with attention to detail.
...his professionalism and experience make his fees well worth the time and cost. His hourly price is well worth the workmanship delivered.
- Karen Bennett 6/29/10
Read more testimonials >>